- GRACE BENNETT – the 17- year-old heroine of the story.
- MRS. B. & WILLEM – a strange old couple Grace meets while delivering food for her family’s bed and breakfast
- MERCHISON SPEAR – “Merc” to his friends – is surrounded by an aura of darkness, but Grace is drawn to him like a moth to a flame.
- LOCKE WINGARD – Willem’s grandson – an angelically beautiful young man with a quick smile and a few secrets.
- MARCH ANN MAYHAM – a blonde-haired, blue-eyed bombshell and Grace’s best friend.
At 17 years old, Gracie Bennett is a bitter young woman. Though blessed with a loving family, looks and brains to spare, she hides her light under a bushel – spending most of her time in the darkness of her mind with little more than sarcasm and self-pity to keep her company.
But things are about to change for Gracie. While delivering food for her family’s bed and breakfast, she turns onto a desolate red dirt road and drives straight into her destiny.
It’s on this isolated country lane that the damaged girl meets a strangely familiar old couple and two mysterious young men who, together with Gracie, fight the demons that surround her, and teach her what it means to let her light shine.
Lisa C. Temple is a lifetime resident of Montgomery, Alabama where she lives with her husband Dana, with whom she has a 21-year-old son, Temp. She is a graduate of Huntingdon College and Jones School of Law.
To read the extensive interview with author Lisa C. Temple that appeared in the July 2013 edition of the Jere Beasley Report, please click here.